La Malagueta bullring was built by Joaquín Rucoba in 1874, in the Neomudejar style. On the 100th anniversary of its opening, in 1976, it was designated as a Historical-Artistic Site. Five years later, it appeared on the list of Cultural Assets. The bullring now belongs to the Provincial Government of Málaga and is run by a licensee chosen by public tender. La Malagueta is a world-class bullring, seating as many as 9.032 spectators and holding the most important events of the bullfighting season, like the Easter bullfights, the Picassian Gala, the August Fair or the bullfight dedicated to Málaga's Patroness.
Pic: © Malaga City Tourist Board
Info:© 2018 Turismo y Planificación Costa del Sol S.L.U